Ok, so I was searching for something new and interesting to make for dinner, and here are a few things I’ve come across while looking around.
-16 ounces frozen tater tots
-5 slices crumbled cooked bacon or 6 ounces cooked turkey sausage
-5 large eggs
-1/4 cup half-and-half cream
-1/4-1/2 teaspoon paprika
-1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 cup grated colby-monterey jack cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 375F then spray a 9×9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2) Place the tater tots in the bottom of the pan. Next sprinkle the crumbled bacon or turkey over the tater tots.
3) Note: If you want to add vegetables, such as mushrooms or green peppers, you could add them along with the meat.
4) Whisk the eggs, half & half, & spices together in a bowl then stir in the cheese. Pour over the tater tots then bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
This one amuses me. The person who posted this recipe included very “noisy” warnings in his/her directions, and for some reason I find humor in that. Plus it’s for ramen. I heart me some ramen.
-1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (Throw away the ‘flavor pack’,92-97% Sodium, you have enough SODIUM in your life without adding this!)
-1/2 cup ranch dressing (Try Mirj’s Homemade Ranch Dressing it’s great)
-1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (Jalapeno Jack works well too)
1) Put a large sauce pan, half full of water on to boil.
2) Set a medium sized stainless mixing bowl on the sauce pan (double boiler).
3) In a small pan cook the Ramen, Drain.
4) Place the noodles in the s/s bowl.
5) mix in the Dressing and Cheese.
6) Stir continuously.
7) ***WARNING*** BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL REGARDING THE STEAM!
8 ) WEAR A COOKING MITT TO HOLD THE MIXING BOWL!
9) When the cheese is throughly melted, serve immediately.
10) Goes well with a garden salad or coleslaw, fresh bread sticks, and a nice Chianti.
And this one just sounds wicked yummy. In fact, I think I will make this tonight.
-1 pkg (16 oz each) dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
-1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
-1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into cubes
-1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
1) Prepare macaroni according to package directions.
2) Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in 1-1/2-quart microwavable dish; cover. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring after 6 minutes. Add milk; stir mixture until well blended.
3) Drain macaroni; place in large bowl. Add cheese mixture; toss to coat.